Sunday, April 19, 2009

well, ok

I've managed to get almost to 11 weeks without hurling, until this morning. Well, actually, this afternoon, because I've been on the couch since 11 fielding an estrogen-driven migraine. That said, after getting sick, the migraine is abating. I need to ask my doctor what I can take for this kind of headache while pregnant.

I'm annoyed at Dean because I had asked him to take care of a car issue for me and didn't, he had told me he was going to cut the grass this weekend and he hasn't, and while I was getting sick I found myself miserably upset that I was in the house alone while processing the emotional recoil from getting sick, and I wound up curling up in the corner and sobbing, because all I wanted was for Dean to put his arms around me and tell me that it was going to be ok.

Which is completely irrational, but whatever.

What makes this even tougher to deal with is that until yesterday I'd had several consecutive days of feeling really good, and starting to flow with the glow, so to speak. I had met someone at the conference I was at whose wife was 14 weeks along, so we were comparing ultrasound pictures and I was starting to feel like I could do this and be ok with congratulations and with some degree of optimism.

Today I'm convinced this is the worst thing to happen to me. My husband won't touch me, I'm exhausted, and I have this really strange feeling that I just want to go home. That's a very strange feeling considering I just got here, yanno?

3 comments:

the_autumn_knew said...

xoxoxoxo. if ever you are home alone again and feeling this way, call me and i will be there, if you would like. not dean, but still someone that cares.
301.502.2552

windsornot said...

Can't help with the Dean part, unless you want me to yell at him (which I'm sure you can do just fine). Remember that every pregnancy is different, and that usually barfing is the body's way of getting rid of something that it doesn't need or want. So maybe Doodlebunky didn't like what you had for breakfast or something. I found for me, that I couldn't even begin to eat sweet stuff in the morning even after the worst of the nausea phase was over. A toasted cheese sandwich and tomato juice for me. (For some reason, tomato juice always helps me with the queasies even now, don't know why.) Anyway, listen to Doodlebunky. He/She needs a lot from you, and don't overdo anything. If you do, he/she will retaliate! ;-) (Drew would kick me big time, I know this for a fact.) I've known people who never got sick during their pregnancy, and I've known people were sick right up until delivery. It's still a little early for the queasies to go away, from my own experience, I had to be closer to the 13-15 week mark before it truly started to subside. I know by the halfway mark, the worst was definitely gone. Hang in there, kiddo. In 29 weeks, it'll be a memory and all worth it. ;-)

emzebel said...

(((hugs)))
I remember feeling like that when I was pregnant with R. It was a really long 9 months and a big part of why we've taken a long time to try for a second. I loathed being pregnant and felt like I'd been taken over by a pod person. Oh wait!

Post a Comment