Monday, March 16, 2009

it occurs to me...

... that if 50 percent of pregnancies are unplanned to the point of being a total shock to the parents, and that a significant chunk of those pregnancies are to women who don't need to be talked down to (which I'm thinking are most of them), and that there really aren't helpful resources for those women that aren't targeted at single teenagers...

That I should write a book.

Yeah, I've been saying that for years too. But have you noticed, 2009 seems to be the year for making things happen I always talk about wanting to do but never do? I've successfully lost weight. I've gotten pregnant. I have a vacation scheduled next week specifically set around decluttering the house. Why not finally write a damned book? Or two?

4 comments:

doodlemaier said...

Please declutter the house 1st ;)

Helen said...

NEXT WEEK, BABY!

emzebel said...

That is a great idea. What I remember really needing when I was pregnant was something that said that not wanting sex was completely normal (as opposed to "OMG, second trimester is hanky panky time-WHOO") and advice on handling feeling totally overwhelmed that wasn't all about "well, ask a friend/relative/someone I didn't fucking have to help out."

ladyclayton said...

You know, I was thinking this exact same thing while drying my hair this morning. You totally should. At the very least, you should do a public blog or a website so that moms in your position have a real resource rather than that condescending fluffy stuff you'd been finding online.

Post a Comment