Thursday, June 11, 2009

I will not be catty...

...about the newest round of congratulations hitting the Facebook airwaves.

Please, hold me back...

And the "Ooooooh, yr starting to show!" no, I'm just fat, and Bunky has pushed all the fat up to make room. So I look fatter.

And the "How are you feeling?" I need better witty replies for this one. The first round is getting old.

And the "Do you know if it's a boy or a girl yet?" No, but I'm quite certain those who hold strong opinions over whether it's a boy or a girl will come to blows any day now, so I'm not telling them just so I can be entertained by the fights to come.

And people describing me as "preggers." I think that sounds like a pet's name, honestly. Whatever happened to good, old-fashioned "expecting"?

However, I did get a laugh out of my admin person watching me squirm in the dress I was wearing as I tried to cover up my abundant cleavage yesterday. "Oh, show off those assets," she said. Our conversation then centered around the definition of "low cut" when your boobs are suddenly two cup sizes bigger.

And part of my determination to cut back on the openly cranky comes from seeing pictures of my friend Teresa's baby. We got back in touch last fall after 20-odd years, but were inseparable when I was a freshman and she was a junior. She also has the dubious honor of having known me longer than anyone other than family members: we were neighbors and playmates as pre-schoolers. Nelson Cooper Burnette was born on Monday. And how can you resist this???!

2 comments:

etcet said...

Surprisingly, the rack isn't the first thing I'll remark on here:
Whatever happened to good, old-fashioned "expecting"?
I will refer to your condition as "Knocked Up" henceforth. ;-)

christianet said...

You could always say, "I'm spawning, not preggers."
Baby is so cute!!!!!!!! Welcome to the world, Nelson!

Post a Comment