Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Week 30: The First Shower

This is belated, I admit it. Didn't have time to blog last weekend because I was in Philly--getting showered by friends from up that way from when I lived there between 1999 and 2004. They are my favorite friends in the world, and even though most of them don't have kids themselves, they still know how to throw one hell of a party, even without alcohol!

But the result of the shower is that I have more clothes than I know what to do with, and I'll probably have to find a way to exchange some of the newborn outfits (that fit up to 8 lbs and no one in my family has ever had a baby under 9 lbs), but what is most magnificent is the collection of hand-painted Onesies that Jenn provided the tools to make.

chthulhugonzoartbillthecatthisendupanarchynoodlybunkymonkeygotmilkdinoonesie



And here's a funny one of me. I'm actually trying to hide behind the presents because I'm suddenly huge, but instead it looks like I'm ready to nom the whole table of goodies.

helenhides

The food was amazing, and the trip to Philadelphia was incredibly relaxing, although I'm rapidly finding that spending too much time in a car is uncomfortable, even more so in the back seat.  I came back home and was in the office for one day before heading out to a conference in Washington D.C, which is about 75 miles from my house. The nice thing about this was that Dean and I got to carpool. The not-so-nice thing about this is that it absolutely wore me out, and here I am a week later still trying to recover.

But more on that in my week 31 post, and then I need to think about a week 32 post, because that's where I suddenly find myself! OMG, where does time go?

0 comments:

Post a Comment