Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Smell of Dreft Things

This is a test, mostly. I'm trying to get twitterfeed to talk to bit.ly and so on.

Also, I'm trying to figure out why my clothes smell like Dreft today. I hate the smell of Dreft, and can't wait to burn through the bottle I got for washing baby handmedowns because nothing like buying a gigantic bottle of it for a good price only to find that the smell sets off one's gag reflex. But I'm not wearing anything that got washed with baby clothes.

Hunh. What else is good for washing baby clothes? I think I used All Free and Clear with Elder Son, but it was so long ago that I really have no idea. And given how much I *love* the smell of lavender these days, I'm wondering if I can scent my own detergent using essential oils somehow.

Anything but Dreft, please.

(The title of this post is a play on a short story title of mine, called "The Smell of Dead Things." Laugh now, be disturbed later.  I probably should have called it "Scents and Sensitivity.")

0 comments:

Post a Comment